Workplace theft: what to do?
What are the risks for employees caught in the act of theft? What measures can employers put in place to eradicate theft in the workplace?
There is a growing phenomenon in the workplace: some unscrupulous employees steal toilet paper rolls, coffee capsules or printer cartridges.... As an employer, how do you react to these thefts?
This article develops the following topics:
- conditions for the validity of termination with immediate effect
- time limit for the employer to act
- practical cases
- lawfulness of a surveillance mechanism against theft
- data protection and video surveillance
- guide of the Federal Data Protection Commissioner
- video surveillance and sensitive areas
- lawfulness of searches of employees
- measures that can be taken against theft in the workplace