Illness or accidents during holidays
Vacations are often looked forward to by workers. When an employee becomes ill or suffers an accident, the inability to work may, under certain conditions, be incompatible with taking a vacation.
The purpose of vacation is to allow the worker to rest and eliminate the fatigue accumulated throughout the year. This can be compromised if an illness or accident occurs during the vacation. In order for the employee to be able to recover them, certain cumulative and restrictive conditions must be met.
This article develops the following topics:
- illness of the employee during the vacation
- duration and intensity of the health impairment
- inability of the employee to perform the activity he or she had planned
- conditions for the recovery of approved vacation time
- duty to report and proof of incapacity