Internships: stop exploitation!
As a first step into the professional world, internships are often a necessity for young people and students. Between precariousness and risks of abuse, this contract deserves clarification.
The duration of an internship can vary from a few days to several months. It enables trainees to enter the world of work and acquire practical training. Remuneration depends on the type of internship. It must not, however, become a form of voluntary work.
This article covers the following topics
- the notion of internship
- distinction from volunteer work
- remuneration of internships
- types of unpaid internships
- employment contracts not governed by a collective employment contract
- internship remuneration subject to social security contributions