The notion of abuse in a dismissal
The dismissal of any employee must be handled with gloves... But beware, the risk of abuse is never a long way off.
According to the principle of contractual freedom, either party may terminate the employment contract without any particular reason. However, in certain circumstances, a dismissal can be unlawful.
This article develops the following topics:
- freedom to terminate
- the concept of wrongful termination
- wrongful termination and trial period
- fixed-term contracts
- situations of wrongful termination
- consequences of wrongful termination
- procedure to be followed by the wrongfully dismissed employee