The relative intimacy of social networks
Social networks are part of everybody's life. When the use of these networks makes an incursion in the professional life, the image of the company can be threatened. Here is a closer look at the restrictions imposed by labor law on freedom of expression.
Initially designed to facilitate communication between peers, social networking sites are often the scene of settling of scores and inappropriate comments. Employees risk a lot when their comments concern their boss or colleagues.
This article develops the following topics:
- inappropriate comments on social networks
- employee's freedom of expression
- duty of care and loyalty
- image and reputation of the company
- respecting the employer's honor
- slanderous or insulting comments and penal consequences
- violation of the duty of confidentiality
- googling job applicants