Facebook & Co at work? The limits to their use
Social networks, the Internet, blogs, e-mail, smartphones : the use of these means of communication by the employee is not without risk for the company. Let's take a look at the protection measures.
What can an employee say on social networks? What about the private use of communication means during working hours? Can an employee record images or sounds in the workplace? How can we fight against misuse and what sanctions should be applied?
This article develops the following topics:
- duty of care and loyalty of the employee on social networks
- company image, business and trade secrets
- private use of the smartphone and the Internet during working hours
- recording without the knowledge of colleagues, superiors or customers
- guidelines for the use and monitoring of the Internet
- anonymous and nominative monitoring of Internet use
- Violation of the duty of loyalty and care and sanctions