Pregnancy, breastfeeding and leave protection
Pregnancy is a period during which the employee is in a vulnerable situation. She benefits from special protection under labour law.
During her pregnancy, an employee is in principle fit to work. However, she benefits from accommodations in her work and protection against dismissal because of her condition.
This article develops the following topics
- daily working hours for the pregnant woman
- standing work and additional breaks
- the possibility of lying down
- absence from work and the right to pay
- dangerous or arduous activities
- evening or night work
- protection against dismissal at inappropriate times