Working hours in the spotlight
The organization of working hours is a constant challenge for the employer. They must match their staffing needs with the operating requirements of their business, while respecting the legal framework. Setting up a work schedule adapted to the specific needs of the company is all the more difficult as public labor law sets strict conditions for each type of schedule.
Companies can set up different types of working hours, depending on the circumstances and the needs of the company. What are the rules regarding working hours and rest periods for fixed, flexible, fluctuating or shift work?
This article develops the following topics:
- fixed working hours
- weekly working hours and rest days
- daily rest time and mandatory breaks
- distinction between day, evening and night work
- protection of young workers
- concept of flextime
- fixed and flexible working hours
- concept of shift work
- modalities of shift work
- authorization of the competent authorities
- concept of fluctuating working hours
- conditions for the implementation of a fluctuating work schedule