Subtleties of overtime
Overtime, supplementary work, flextime, compensatory time off, cash compensation, waiver of compensation... enough to get confused. Let's start from scratch.
During a period of increased workload, overtime is sometimes necessary for the company. When is the employee required to work these extra hours? How will they be compensated?
This article discusses the following topics:
- the distinction between overtime and supplementary work
- obligation to work overtime
- overtime at the initiative of the employee
- compensation for overtime
- compensation for supplementary work
- waiver of overtime compensation by executives
- high management position and supplementary work
- overtime in case of flexible working hours
- compensatory leave
- employee illness during compensatory time off