Lies during the hiring process and its consequences in Swiss law
The job interview is a key step in getting the job of your dreams. The temptation is sometimes great for the candidate to conceal certain important facts, or even to lie. When the truth comes out, the consequences for the employee can be serious.
In order to get the job, the candidate is tempted to omit certain elements or even to lie. Does he have the right to do so? What are the responsibilities of the candidate and the employer?
This article develops the following themes:
- the obligation of truthfulness
- personal situations that are incompatible with the job description
- lawful questions from the employer
- lawfulness of a question about a current pregnancy
- unlawful questions
- consequences of lying to a lawful question
- lying in response to an illegal question
- employer's responsibility and illegal questions