From flirting to sexual harassment
Sexist remarks, inappropriate jokes, touching: sexual harassment can take many forms. How can it be distinguished from seduction?
Sexual harassment is any unwelcome behaviour of a sexual nature or based on sexual orientation that violates a person's dignity in the workplace.
This article develops the following themes
- definition of sexual harassment ;
- behaviour constituting sexual harassment;
- the distinction between flirting and unwanted advances
- sexist, rude or demeaning remarks;
- employer's responsibility ;
- measures to be taken to prevent and put an end to harassment situations;
- acts committed by a company body and the employer's responsibility.