All about public holidays
Public holidays, often eagerly awaited by workers, raise a number of questions related to their compensation when they fall ill during a period of illness, holidays or on a day not usually worked.
Is year-end leave paid for part-time workers? Can it be taken back if it falls during a period of illness or vacation? Here are some details to help you untangle the issue.
This article develops the following topics:
- cantonal and federal public holidays
- entitlement to wages on public holidays
- the situation of part-time employees
- employees paid on a monthly or weekly basis
- employees paid by the hour or by the job
- public holiday that falls on a day that is not usually worked
- public holiday during the vacations
- inter-cantonal situations and determination of holidays to be granted
- illness on a holiday