Succession of fixed-term contracts: soon allowed in the EU
A recent decision by the European Court of Justice should make the conditions for using fixed-term contracts more flexible. This decision is based on the case of a German employee who had accumulated thirteen fixed-term contracts during eleven years for the same company in order to compensate for the leaves of her colleagues.
What is the position of the Swiss Federal Court? Will the European Court's decision have an impact on Swiss law? To be continued...
This article develops the following topics:
- the concept of fixed-term employment relationship
- conclusion of several fixed-term contracts in a row
- Fixed-term contracts and employee protection in labor law
- consequences of the conclusion of a chain of fixed-term contracts
- future of the fixed-term contract in Switzerland