The subtleties of the fixed-term contract
Companies enter into a fixed-term contract when they need to replace an absent employee, in case of temporary work overload or for a specific project. Knowing the subtleties of this contract helps to avoid pitfalls.
The conclusion of a fixed-term contract can present advantages for both the employer and the employee. Here is an overview of the specificities of such a contract.
This article develops the following topics:
- end of the fixed-term contract
- advantages for the employer
- termination of a fixed-term contract
- trial period
- right to salary in case of incapacity to work
- protection against termination at an inopportune juncture
- advantages for the employee
- continuation of the employment relationship after the agreed term
- lawfulness of the conclusion of several successive fixed-term contracts