Workplace conflicts and mobbing, what is the difference?
When there is tension in the workplace, accusations of mobbing are to be expected. In practice, distinguishing between workplace conflicts and mobbing is not always easy.
Mobbing and work conflicts affect the personality of the employee. The employer is obliged to protect them. What are the employer's obligations in these two situations?
This article develops the following topics:
- definition of mobbing
- acts and behaviors that may constitute mobbing
- the distinction between work conflict and mobbing
- employer's responsibility in case of mobbing or work conflicts
- obligation to compensate for damages
- dismissal of a protagonist in case of work conflicts
- risk of wrongful dismissal
- satisfaction in case of mobbing or other damage to the personality
- practical case of the Federal Court