Social networks: watch what you say!
Social networks have become a popular means of expression, especially among the younger generation. But beware: freedom of expression is not without limits when online publications affect the company.
The creation and use of social networks is a matter of freedom of expression. Everyone has the right to freely form, express and impart their opinions. In labor law, this freedom is limited by certain contractual obligations between employees and their employers.
This article develops the following themes:
- freedom of expression, opinion and information (art. 16 Cst.)
- duty of care and loyalty
- damage to employer's reputation
- duty of confidentiality
- measures to be taken by the employer
- slanderous, insulting or threatening remarks
- employer regulations and directives
- private sphere/professional sphere: limits on social networks