Spotlight on breastfeeding at work
At the end of the 14-week federal maternity leave, some young mothers are still breastfeeding their infants. How do you balance work and breastfeeding?
When feeding their babies with their own milk, time-limited breastfeeding protection is provided to working women. One of the protective provisions for breastfeeding women is breastfeeding leave. It allows the mother to take time off work to breastfeed. However, this leave is subject to specific conditions in order to be considered as paid leave.
In addition, in the case of breastfeeding, the rules regarding paid work time are adapted to allow the mother to breastfeed or express milk. She is entitled to periods of paid working time, depending on the length of the working day, both for breastfeeding inside and outside the company.
This article develops the following topics:
- the protection of breastfeeding employees
- breastfeeding leave
- the organization of working hours in case of breastfeeding
- time devoted to breastfeeding during working hours
- payment of salary during a breastfeeding period
- limitations on working hours for breastfeeding employees