Ancillary activity: where are the limits ?
Carrying out a volunteer or paid activity in parallel with a main job can affect the employer's overriding interests. What is permitted by law?
This article develops the following topics:
- the conditions of secondary employment
- the possibility of combining activities
- concurrent activity performed by the employee
- quality and safety at work
- violation of the duty of loyalty and sanctions
- working hours and rest periods
- conditions of a ban on all ancillary work
- situation of part-time workers
- special case of cross-border workers