Alcohol and drugs at work
Alcohol and drug problems at work rhyme with accidents, repeated absences, lower productivity, interpersonal conflicts... How should the employer react and anticipate the problem?
The employer is obliged to ensure that the health of his employees is not threatened by a colleague under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The employer must take measures. Otherwise, the employer may be held liable in the event of an accident.
This article develops the following topics:
- protection of the health and personality of employees
- the employer's liability in case of accidents caused by alcohol or drugs
- Directive on the prohibition of the use of drugs and alcohol at work
- legal requirements for testing
- alcohol in the workplace, drug use and termination with immediate effect