Alcohol at work and the risk of dismissal
Alcohol problems at work rhyme with repeated absences, decreased productivity, relationship problems... What should the employer do?
The employer must protect the personality of his or her employees and prevent the risks of professional accidents. These risks are increased when an employee works while intoxicated. The employer must take the necessary measures.
This article discusses the following topics:
- alcohol consumption at work, legal basis
- duty to protect the personality
- duty to prevent accidents and occupational diseases
- Directive on alcohol consumption at work
- alcohol dependency and risk of wrongful dismissal
- alcohol consumption at work and immediate dismissal
- practical cases judged by the Federal Court