Love at work: rights and risks
According to some surveys, one in three couples has met at work. Faced with these romances, companies fear conflicts of interest, acts of favoritism, abuse of authority and breach of confidentiality. Let's develop this highly sensitive subject.
Every employee has the opportunity to form strong friendships or even romantic relationships with colleagues. However, sometimes these romantic relationships can get in the way of the company's operations, especially if they get out of hand. In such cases, the employer's interest in ensuring a respectful work environment must be taken into account.
This article develops the following topics:
- romantic relationships and the smooth running of the company
- risks of damage for the employer
- company regulations
- the duty to disclose a romantic relationship
- protection of personality
- dismissal due to the love affair
- romantic relationship between a superior and a subordinate