Criteria of the work certificate
The primary objective of the work certificate is to facilitate the search for a new job. However, the employer should not write a falsely complimentary work certificate, otherwise he will be held liable.
The employee has the right to ask his employer for a work certificate at any time, covering the nature and duration of the employment relationship as well as the quality of his work and his conduct. The drafting of an employment certificate can be tricky.
This article develops the following topics:
- complete work certificate
- content of the work certificate
- falsely complimentary certificate and the employer's responsibility
- disparaging statements and limitations
- mention of isolated incidents
- lawfulness of hidden references in the work certificate