The strategic contract of a manager under Swiss law
Managers hold a strategic position in a company and are essential to ensure its prosperity. But beware, the clauses of their employment contract require particular vigilance.
What is the scope of a manager’s duty of confidentiality? What should be the content of a non-competition clause? Should the employee be compensated for respecting this clause? What type of bonus should an executive receive and how can he or she be retained? How much time should a manager’s notice period be?
This article develops the following topics:
- duty of care, loyalty and increased confidentiality
- content requirements for a non-compete clause
- sanctions in case of violation of the non-competition clause
- compensation for compliance with the non-competition clause
- what type of bonus to grant to the manager
- ways to retain a manager
- the period of notice to be given to an executive